What support and services are available remotely? Last Updated: Jul 15, 2021 Views: 828
We have been working hard to make sure that we can continue to provide support and guidance from a distance if you are unable to visit us in person.
To help you get started, here are links to some of the resources and services that are accessible remotely:
- Chat Online 24/7 - On weekdays, 08:00 to 22:00, you can chat to a member of LU Library staff. At other times, through a partnership with other libraries both in the UK and overseas, our chat service is still available so no matter when you contact us there will always be a librarian on hand to help.
- Phone - Our phone lines are open weekdays 08:00 to 22:00.
- E-Mail – Contact us by email any time
- OneSearch – Search for information from within the Library and beyond. Millions of books, e-books, journals, articles, and other electronic resources are available.
- Databases - Find and gain access to the best library databases for your research.
- Audio and Visual Collections - There are numerous audio-visual resources available online. Staff and students can record programmes from over 65 free-to-air channels, and search an extensive archive, as well as creating clips, and compiling playlists.
- Library account online – Review and manage your loans and requests. Save searches and references to your eShelf.
- Faculty librarians – Need help finding literature for your assignment or dissertation? Struggling to find relevant and credible literature? For one-to-one support, you can book an appointment with a Faculty Librarian.
- Learning developers -To find out what support is available, check the calendar of activities, contact a member of the team or visit their Moodle sites. You can also listen to the 10 minute introduction to Learning Development
- Subject guides - Explore sources of information for your subject, and learn how to make the most of the Library
- Library FAQs - Find answers to your questions on how to use the Library, OneSearch, referencing, research data management, open access and much more.
- YouTube channel - We support learning, teaching and research at Lancaster University. This channel provides help and demo videos about using the Library.
- Online workshops & training - We offer a variety of remote sessions that can be booked via our events page.
- Independent learning - A wealth of online tutorials and resources are available to support you.
- Open Access support - Consult our comprehensive guide or contact us by e-mail
- Research Data Management - Our RDM support team consists of members of the Library, Research Services Office and ISS, so we can help you in many ways. If you have questions regarding Research Data Management please e-mail the team.
In addition to the above services and resources, The University has also created the new embrace digital website, which contains useful resources to enable both staff and students to get the most out of digital technology.
- Borrowing and renewing
- Contact and enquiries
- Contact the Library
- External users
- Finding resources
- Fines and charges
- General, Institution
- Library account
- Library building
- Library Opening Hours
- News and Updates
- Open Access
- Policies and regulations